Episode 12: You are not your mental illness.
Guest: Ariel Davis
Today’s guest is the illustrious Ariel Davis.
Ariel’s bio: “I am a woman, mother, wife, educator, survivor and jane of all trades.”
Here are some notabe topics and quotes from today’s episode:
- So much negativity in the world would end if everyone believed in their own self.
- Why people need to define self-care for themselves
- Why the entire to-do list doesn’t need to be done today.
- Mental health in the Black community
- The layers of intersectionality and grief
- Ariel’s experience with anxiety and the “scenarios” that’d play in her head
- Perfection and OCD
- “When any two people try to merge their lives, there’s going to be challenges.”
- “I have the mental illness, the mental illness doesn’t have me.”
- Ariel’s Instagram
- Cards for the Culture