Episode 13: The permission to enjoy life.
Guest: Laurel Fraser
Today’s guest is Shine Squad member, Laurel Fraser.
Laurel lives in Washington, DC, and is a seminary student at Wesley Theological Seminary. She’s working on completing her Master of Divinity degree. She hopes to be a hospital chaplain someday, particularly in the mental health ward.
Here are some notabe topics and quotes from today’s episode:
- Living with bipolar disorder
- Being present
- Connecting with someone else can pull you out of a negative space
- Relationships and balance
- “Healing for me has been more about being able to manage the down days”
- “I was giving myself permission to enjoy things”
- Do one very very small thing that can ground you. Writing down to-do list or grocery lists.
- Accepting yourself for who you are + body positivity
- “If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.”