I’m Sinclair. I’m a stigma crushing mental health speaker, writer, connector, educator, and husband. This summer, I was featured in the Men’s Edition of Essence magazine. I’ll be the keynote of the University of Pittsburgh’s TEDx conference this fall, and I write for preventative wellness brand, Shine Text.
My current jam is interviewing influencers, change agents, sex works, queer creatives of color, and other badassess to help end a variety of stigma and to intentionally center underserved and misrepresented folks. Think of me as the Black Terry Gross.
Mental Health Stigma and What I Do About It
Part of my life’s purpose is to inspire people to be more hopeful, so they can live the better story they want to live.
This means something different for everyone.
For me, it means taking care of my mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual health as best I can. I experience anxiety, PTSD, and depression, so I’m actively working to set boundaries, stay active, and put myself in a healthy mindset.
I do this through:
- exercising every weekday + sticking to my morning routine
- spending quality time with my wife + family + friends
- creating Baltimore’s self-care and wellness conference: Celebrate You.
- hosting weekly #claritytalk chats on Twitter on Mondays at 9p ET. We’ve had featured guests like Hannah Brencher, L’Oreal Thompson Payton, and Shine Text.
- sending weekly inspirational emails
- speaking on mental health and self-care
- promoting one of the coolest preventative wellness brands ever: Shine Text
As Seen In
Past Speaking Engagements
American College Personnel Association | The National Conference for College Women Student Leaders | The North American Federation of Temple Youth | Alvernia University | Saint Peter’s University | Loyola University Maryland | University of the Sciences | Jesuit Volunteer Corps Northwest | Stevenson University