It changed my life.
When I was in high school, a motivational speaker said something that forever changed my life. He said: “I don’t have to know your name to know your pain.”
You could hear a pin drop.
He went on to share stories that made us laugh one minute and cry the next. Something shifted in our hallways and in our classrooms not long after he left. We cared more about the person learning next to us.
I knew I wanted to have a similar impact on students one day. So, I became a student of storytelling.
From digesting endless episodes of This American Life and The Moth, to building my own speaking business, to writing and creating marketing content for global wellness brands and higher education departments, the power of the story is ever-present, ever-impactful.
All this has led up to this moment.
I look forward to sharing why I’m the future Assistant Director of Marketing for CELCS.
But, for now, I’ll show you.
The Line Up
Social Media Engagement & Analytics
50K impressions + 9.5K views + 13.51% engagement rate
86.1K accounts reached + 8K likes + 3.4K accounts engaged
36.5% open rate + 529 subscribers + 1.4% click rate
Partnerships Built on Trust
With a 4 million-strong community across 189 countries and an award-winning iOS and Android app, Shine is now the largest and most diverse group of people practicing daily self-care together.
- Recorded 9 meditations for the Shine app. 55K users listened to meditations I recorded at least once.
- Wrote and published 8 articles for Shine’s website which totaled 20K pageviews.
The Mighty is a digital health community created to empower and connect people facing health challenges and disabilities. Their 10,000+ stories have been read by more than 100 million people, and are picked up daily by the world’s largest media outlets.
- Planned, scripted, filmed, and edited 22 Instagram Reels totaling 230,000+ views
- Wrote 44 articles for The Mighty’s website
Behind every successful marketing campaign, you have pitch meetings, project management sessions, and team huddles. What’s equally important is keeping the mission of the department at the heart of every decision. The following Campus Engagement Stories and the marketing projects featured in the Content That Sparks Action section were made possible through collaborations with campus Strategic Marketing and Communications teams, galvanization of student leaders, leveraging technology, and a tireless commitment to show every student they belong and matter.
Campus Engagement Stories
When Boosting Morale Goes Viral
From hugs to air fives, genuine connectedness was evident in our Free Hug campus-wide community engagement campaign. Student leaders were provided with an information packet, signs, swag, and logistics.
TOP HIGHLIGHTS 🏆
- We were part of a national student engagement campaign launched by Swift Kick HQ, which is an award-winning training company that’s impacted over 750,000 students and administrators.
- Because of my relationship with the Office of Marketing and Communications at Loyola University Maryland, we were able to secure local news coverage.
- Students at both Loyola University Maryland & Mount St. Peter’s University shared an increased feeling of belonging and mattering following their participation.
How to Launch a Successful Letter Writing Campaign
Hundreds of students, faculty, staff, and administrators signed up to receive anonymous, encouraging notes in their campus mailboxes. Each person who signed up had the option of submitting a nomination for someone to receive a bundle of 20-30 notes. Recipients of the bundles were typically people who were experiencing a tough time, sick or injured, or who were needing a dose of encouragement. Through letting writing parties and letter bundles, students provided heartfelt messages to over 300 university community members at both Loyola and The Mount respectively.
TOP HIGHLIGHTS 🏆
- I secured funding, supported the formation of a student group, designed the registration form, and owned the marketing process for this campaign.
- Developed and distributed a comprehensive guide for higher education professionals to develop their own campaigns. (view guide here)
- Years later, Mount. St. Mary’s University’s Notes of Kindness club continues to thrive. It’s now led by Director of Counseling Service Gerald Rooth, M. and senior, Hana Leftridge. (view article here)
Content That Sparks Action
Writing and creating marketing content that informs, engages, and sparks action is my jam. Let’s wrap up this portfolio with a few of my featured productions and key achievements.