Photo by ian dooley
If you are currently seeking support, please contact the National Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1-800-273-8255. If this is an emergency, please call 911. 💙
Suicide. We’re talking about it more, but the stigma is very much alive.
I’ve experienced suicide ideation at several times in my life. It was rough. Scary. Alarming.
I’ve found that I’m having more and more conversations with people who’ve experienced their own battle with this. So, it’s time to for another series on mental wellness.
The hope is to hear raw and honest stories around suicide from people of walks of life. We can end the stigma if we share more. We can remove the pain and shame around hurt if we speak out more. We can help someone feel less alone.
Share Your Story
Submit your story by using the form below. Thank you in advance for taking such a brave step. You matter and I’m so glad you’re here today. I really am.
- The deadline to share your story is Friday, July 6, 2018.
- Not all submissions will be posted.
- Authors will be contacted if their story is selected.
- Stories will be posted on this website, social media, and elsewhere on the internet (ex. the Mighty.com, etc.).
- All responses go directly to me at email@example.com and anonymity will always be respected.
Help someone feel less alone.